Did you have a student/intern/apprentice receiving work experience at your organisation during the 2016-2017 academic year? If so, submit a subsidy request before 15 September 2017!
Subsidies for supervision
You can receive a subsidy of up to 2,700 euros for each student/intern/apprentice who received (or is still receiving) work experience at your organisation. This subsidy is a compensation for the costs you incurred as an employer for supervising a student/intern/apprentice. You can also submit a subsidy request to compensate you for salary or supervision costs involving work experience obtained by a doctoral candidate or a technological designer trainee (TOIO).
More information is available at www.rvo.nl/praktijkleren
To be eligible, you must meet the following conditions:
- You are an accredited training company [for students in preparatory vocational secondary education (VMBO) or senior secondary vocational education (MBO) or a private body designated by the educational institution as a suitable supervisor [for students in higher professional education (HBO), doctoral candidates and TOIOs.
- You operate on the basis of a valid work placement agreement. The professional training in which the student/intern/apprentice is enrolled is specified as one of the sectors defined in this subsidy programme.
- The professional training leads to a diploma and is included in the Crebo (Central Register of Professional Training Courses) or CROHO (Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes) as listed by the DUO (Dutch Education Executive Agency).
- The professional training course meets the quality standards stipulated by the relevant educational legislation.
What does this mean for you?
After the completion of each academic year, you can submit a request for a subsidy for the supervision you provided. You can submit your subsidy request from 2 June through 15 September 2017. In 2017, you can request a subsidy for the most recent academic year (2016/2017).
- For VMBO and MBO, this is 1 August 2016 – 31 July 2017.
- For HBO, this is 1 September 2016 – 31 August 2017.
- For doctoral candidates/TOIOs, this is 1 September 2016 – 31 August 2017.
What questions will you be asked and what will be considered?
You will be asked to provide certain information:
- who was the employer?
- who was the student involved?
- which training course (MBO/apprenticeship programme) was involved?
- the period and the number of weeks in which supervision was provided?
There are also various requirements that pertain to each form of training. More information about these is available on the following pages.
- supervising VMBO students;
- supervising participants in MBO training programmes;
- supervising HBO students;
- which doctoral students are eligible;
- which TOIOs are eligible.
This period and number of weeks can vary according to each student. This may be the result of a student’s illness or other reason for absence.
Your records must include the following documents for each participant:
- a signed work placement agreement;
- an attendance record for the participant;
- proof of supervision;
- records of qualifications/skills achieved.
Although you do not have to submit these documents, they must be filed in your records since you may be asked to present them. Essentially, you have to be able to refute any doubts by means of actual proof.
The subsidy must be requested in digital form. To do this you will need an ‘e-Identification’.
Since Grant Thornton has this e-Identification, we can prepare your application and submit it. To begin this process, contact your payroll administrator or our subsidy consultant at 088 - 676 97 11, or e-mail your request / question to email@example.com.