As an employer you are obliged to apply Expense Allowance Scheme. To prevent additional taxes, you want the EAS to be applied correctly. This is not always the case. As a result, (internal) stakeholders could receive wrong management information. Not making use of the EAS optimally is a missed opportunity!
Supervision from the tax authorities
The tax authorities increasingly monitor taxpayers based on a data analysis. You must provide the tax authorities with an audit file. The file is then checked for the correctness and reliability of your data. At the same time, the application of the EAS-scheme is checked. Prior to such an audit you want to be sure that the EAS-scheme is applied correctly so that you do not get any surprises when you are getting audited by the tax authorities. Moreover, this is a good way to update the financial management about the completeness and reliability of the application of the EAS.
How do I make sure the EAS is applied correctly?
You do not want to be preoccupied with uncertainty about the correct application of the EAS. To apply the EAS as effectively as possible, we have developed the EAS-checker. Our EAS-checker searches your audit file quickly and adequately, by means of search terms for the relevant information within the file. Subsequently, we analyze the relevant information that emerges from this search. With the help of the automated checker, you can minimalize the risks of wrongful application of the EAS. The EAS-checker consists of five steps:
- The analysis starts with an interview in which we ask you several questions about the application of the EAS within your organization.
- After you have submitted your data files, we analyze your data via our secured portal.
- The EAS-checker generates several outcomes based on your datafiles. Subsequently, the outcomes are assessed by one of our EAS-specialists, which guarantees an advice of the highest quality.
- After these events, you receive a report including the outcomes of the EAS-checker including additional comments from the EAS-specialist. After this we invite you for a personal meeting to discuss the possible improvements to be made in your EAS-process.
- Finally, you can determine which actions to take based on the report and meeting with the specialist. Our EAS-specialists are happy to help you with the implementation of the EAS-process within your organization to make optimal use of it.
Why use the EAS-checker?
- Your EAS-risks are minimalized.
- Quick insight into your EAS application in a cost effective manner.
- Certainty in advance about a possible exceedance of the EAS application which can prevent a hefty additional tax of 80 percent of such an exceedance.
- Insight into possible ways to maximize your benefits with the EAS.
- You can show your stakeholders that you are ‘in control’ of your EAS application.
What are the benefits of the Grant Thornton EAS-checker?
- Complete data analysis for the EAS, using Grant Thornton Sonar.
- A professional, external, and independent review of the design of your ERP system regarding the EAS.
- Flexible digital reporting.
- A clear and fixed price, no surcharge based on savings for example.
- Very easily integrated into a tax control framework.