Pre-audit services is all about making the company’s entire financial administration ready for checking before the external accountant begins his/her audit of the annual accounts.
Grant Thornton will support you in your preparations and will take the responsibility for delivering the agreed documents on time. These include:
- a draft set of annual accounts;
- a closed set of financial accounts with a clearly-stated balance sheet;
- a calculation of the company’s tax position(s);
- additional specifications of the items on the balance sheet and the profit and loss account;
- elaboration of the external reporting guidelines in relation to specific items in the annual accounts.
Consultation with your external accountant
Grant Thornton will make use of a standard methodology that corresponds to the information required by your external accountant. It goes without saying that throughout the process, Grant Thornton will consult with your external accountant in order to ensure that the preparation and the audit itself are conducted in the most efficient possible way.
The benefits to you
- No surprises during the auditing of the annual accounts, as the auditor’s file will have been prepared in the most effective possible way. Before the start of the audit, Grant Thornton will hold a discussion with your external accountant in order to resolve any issues relating to complex items in the annual accounts.
- Doing away with the peaks in the workload experienced by the staff in your financial administration or internal accounting service, but also in financial management. Grant Thornton will take responsibility for coordination, implementation and delivery.
- A draft set of annual accounts, compliant with current regulations for external reporting.
- Short processing times for all tasks.
- Our tax specialists can calculate or assess your tax position.
- Assistance with the completion of reporting packages, such as those carried out for the purpose of consolidation at Group level.
Pre-audit services are carried out by professionals with an up-to-date knowledge of external reporting, auditing and other standards, tax regulations and so on. Our professionals have extensive experience in working in the auditing environment, or work as accountants themselves.